South Korea's foreign minister held a series of talks with his Malaysian and Indonesian counterparts in San Francisco this week and requested for their countries' support in South Korea's bid to host the 2030 World Expo, his office said Saturday.
Park Jin made the request during separate meetings with Malaysian Foreign Minister Zambry Abdul Kadir and Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi on Tuesday on the margins of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) ministerial meeting.
During his talks with Zambry, Park also requested support from Malaysia in efforts to elevate relations between South Korea and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations next year to a "comprehensive strategic partnership," according to Seoul's foreign ministry.
- Lee Hyori returns with 1st new song in 6 years
- Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales
- Biden says Hamas must be eliminated, US officials warn war could escalate
- Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
- Science minister welcomes HIT forum on space economy
- 北, 日의 장거리미사일 조기 배치 추진에 “전쟁국가 일본 실체”
- FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment
- Number of deaths in cycling accidents soars