South Korea's film industry has garnered international acclaim for its unique storytelling, often achieved with only a fraction of a typical Hollywood film's budget.
The Korean Film Museum in Sangam-dong, northern Seoul, offers a sweeping overview of Korea's cinematic history and a comprehensive exploration of Korean filmmaking.
While the permanent exhibition provides a comprehensive overview of Korean film history and a concise background of the early days of cinema, the special exhibitions -- that change at least twice a year -- revolve around the latest Korean films.
The current special exhibition, titled "Production Design: Scene Architects Build On-Screen Worlds," delves into the role and function of production design in filmmaking.
- Yoon, officials strongly condemn Hamas killings as act of terrorism
- "당 망치는 응석받이"…안철수, 이준석 제명 서명운동 시작
- 이용, 지도부 때린 서병수·홍문표에 "선당후사·솔선수범 하라"
- Try on traditional Korean costume during Hanbok Culture Week
- Israleli strikes flatten entire neighborhoods as Gaza faces imminent blackout
- Blackpink's Jennie makes solo debut on Official UK Singles Chart
- Wage talks between Kia, labor union fail again
- [이번 주 리뷰] 중동 전쟁 우려…국민의힘 보선 참패(9~14일)